Combining a traditional MIDI file library with an eight-pad drum machine-style instrument, Umlaut developers say uBEAT offers “an intuitive workflow and three distinctive styles” to choose from – modern hip-hop, “pulsating” electro and “genre-bending” hybrid.
uBEAT Product Highlights:
- Dynamic MIDI loop library with an eight-pad drum machine-style workflow.
- 45 preset kits and 90 MIDI loops per instrument.
- MIDI drag and drop functionality with a dedicated file browser for MIDI loops.
- 1 GB sample library and 700+ individual hits (Bundle), with all sounds categorized by sound type.
- Color-coded drum pads for easy visual grouping of sounds.
- Built-in help view for quick reference of instrument features.
- Instant customization of preset kits by swapping out sounds with others in the same category.
- Production-ready factory presets.
- Unique FX Chain setup with eight separate FX Chains, Global FX and Send FX.
- Conforms to NI’s Native Kontrol Standard (NKS)
“We’re really excited about uBEAT because of its versatility,” remarks Anne Juenger, co-founder and COO of Umlaut Audio. “For example, a composer can use it to create high-quality beats in a time crunch, or a producer can really dig into playing with all its settings to make something completely original.”
Pricing and Availability. Umlaut Audio’s uBEAT Hip-Hop, uBEAT Hybrid and uBEAT Elektro drum loop libraries for Kontakt are sold separately for $99 each, or together as the uBEAT Bundle for $199. For more information, or to purchase, visit the Umlaut Audio website.