Apogee Electronics has announced JAM 96k for Windows and Mac. JAM 96k is a professional 96kHz, 24-bit USB guitar input that allows the user to easily connect a guitar directly to a Windows or Mac computer.
JAM 96k is a premium digital converter and instrument preamp which features Apogee’s PureDIGITAL technology. The special circuitry of JAM is optimized to yield the best sound from the amps and effects in any guitar or music creation app.
The announcement follows Apogee’s introduction of MiC 96K for Mac and Windows this past summer, and expands the company’s range of “portable tools for making music.”
- Connect electric guitar or bass to your Windows or Mac computer
- Studio-quality you can take anywhere
- Direct digital connection for up to 96kHz / 24-bit high-definition recording
- Discrete, Class A input delivers punchy, tube amp tone
- Apogee’s PureDIGITAL circuit design eliminates signal noise
- Dial-in the perfect level with the gain wheel and multicolor LED meter
- Works on Mac and Windows 10 computers
- Also compatible with iOS devices (Lightning cable sold separately)
- Recommended Windows 10 apps: Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Audacity, Cubase or any ASIO4ALL driver compatible application
- Recommended Mac OS apps: GarageBand, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Audacity or any Core Audio compatible app
- Simple setup, you can start recording in minutes
- Made in the U.S.A.
Pricing and Availability. Apogee Electronics’ JAM 96K is now shipping worldwide, and retails for $99 USD. Product specifications, videos, and more information at the Apogee website.