Developer Bram Bos let us know about a new FM synth he’s released for iOS, Phasemaker.
Phasemaker is the first 6-Operator FM Synth for iOS, building on the legacy of the FM synths that helped define the sound of the 80s. It’s also the first FM Audio Unit instrument (AUv3), so it works in leading mobile DAWs, including Auria, Cubasis, Modstep and AUM.
Here’s what Bos has to say about Phasemaker:
Frequency Modulation brings rich timbres and dynamic evolving sounds full of personality which are impossible to create with analog modelling. The 6-Operator architecture allows for lively multi-layered sounds with lots of expression and playability.
Phasemaker’s characteristic FM sound will add classic digital character to your mobile sonic arsenal which no other analog synth can bring.
- Audio Unit v3 compatible
- CoreMidi compatible standalone mode (with background audio)
- Custom preset management; user presets available across AU hosts
- Dozens of factory presets
- 42 FM Algorithms (including all 32 DX7 layouts)
- 12 Oscillators, including the 8 original TX81z waveforms
- All 106 parameters can be automated using MIDI CC and AU Parameters
- Vintage sounding chorus and reverb effects for classic ambiance
System requirements: iPad 4+, iPad Mini 2+, iOS 9 or higher
Pricing and Availability
Phasemaker is available now for US $9.99.
If you’ve used Phasemaker, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!