Novation is continuing the rapid development of Circuit with the release of Circuit firmware v1.4 – an update that introduces several user-requested features, and brings new sessions, samples and synth patches.
Here’s the official video intro:
Novation Circuit 1.4
The latest update brings a new pattern-length parameter for the drum tracks to enable polyrhythmic drum sequences, where previously the drum patterns were locked to 16 steps. Also, it’s now possible to switch each track’s patterns on the fly so you can create fast-changing fills and pattern-change effects.
You can now change the color of the sessions from the unit itself (instead of from the Components software), and there are new setup options to optimize Circuit’s interoperation with other MIDI hardware.
Finally, Novation has added brand new samples, synth patches and sessions.
Here’s what’s new in Circuit 1.4:
- Polyrhythmic Drum Patterns – You can now set the length of your drum patterns individually to create mind-bending cross-rhythms and pattern variations.
- Instant Pattern Switch – Change patterns instantly and combine with automation for glitchy drum fills and beat repeats.
- Session Colour Select – Now available from the unit; change your Session colour when saving.
- Clock Settings – Improved setup page with more versatile MIDI control. Separate transmit and receive settings for MIDI clock.
- Circuit Packs – All-new samples, synth patches and sessions to completely transform your Circuit. Use Components to load the new Circuit Pack and, of course, backup your existing work.
Pricing and Availability
Circuit v1.4 is a free firmware update available to all Circuit customers. The update is quick and easy, and is facilitated by Circuit Components, a suite of browser-based utility tools for Circuit. Find out more at Circuit Components’ website. The Circuit hardware is available for US $329.