Make Noise shared this video that demonstrates using their Maths module as an envelope follower.
Maths is an analog computer designed for musical purposes, including:
- Generate a variety of linear, logarithmic, or exponential triggered or continuous functions
- Integrate an incoming signal
- With no signal applied, generate a variety of linear, logarithmic, or exponential functions
- Add, subtract and OR up to 4 signals
- Generate analog signals from digital information (Gate / Clock)
- Generate digital information (Gate / Clock) from analog signals
- Delay digital (Gate / Clock) information
- Voltage Controlled Envelope or LFO as slow as 25 minutes and as fast as 1khz
- Apply Lag, Slew or Portamento to control voltages
- Change the depth of modulation and modulate backwards!
- Combine up to 4 control signals to create more complex modulations
- Musical Events such as Ramping up or Down in Tempo, on command
- Initiating Musical events upon sensing motion in the system
- Musical note division and / or Flam
Pricing and Availability
The Maths module is available for US $290 from the Make Noise site.