Aftertouch for iOS is a MIDI control app designed to unlock the musical potential of 3D Touch, turning your iPhone into a velocity- and pressure-sensitive controller.
Aftertouch sends MIDI note and control data to other apps, or to external hardware via the Camera Connection Kit or via Bluetooth MIDI. It also includes a built-in synthesizer so you can start making music immediately.
- Configurable grid dimensions and musical intervals between rows and columns
- Configurable note display format (MIDI note number, musical pitch, or a combination of both)
- Easy-access transposition buttons to move the grid by a semitone or an octave
- Selectable MIDI output: choose between virtual MIDI destinations (other apps), hardware USB MIDI connections (via the Camera Connection Kit), or Bluetooth MIDI devices
- Selectable MIDI Channel, or MPE (Multi-dimensional Polyphonic Expression)
- Configurable CC outputs for X, Y, and Z axis finger movement (with support for Pitch Bend in the X axis, and Channel or Polyphonic pressure in the Z axis)
- Built-in phase modulation synthesizer exhibits the default expression settings
- Velocity curve editor for fine-tuning the velocity- and pressure-sensitivity to your musical style
- Use the full screen to set the range of control parameters, or constrain them to only respond to movement within a single pad.
Note: Z-axis support is only available on devices with 3D Touch. Other devices still send X and Y axis data, and send a fixed note-on velocity value.
Pricing and Availability
Aftertouch is available for US $2.99 in the App Store.