The app essentially replaces their Noise app, which was updated last week to become the sound engine for ROLI’s new Blocks platform.
Seaboard 5D brings back Noise’s former functionality, and also comes with the app’s previous add-on sound libraries.
The unique playing surface of Seaboard 5D is laid out just like the Seaboard RISE MIDI controller. You can bend the pitch by gliding your fingers from side to side, modulate a sound by moving up and down a keywave, and — on the iPhone 6s and iPhone 7 — deepen sounds by pressing into the surface.
Seaboard 5D comes with the Fundamentals Soundpack, which offers 25 sounds. Hybrid Acoustic comes with over 500MB of unique samples. Expressive Electronic includes both vintage synths and contemporary pads. Synthetic Leads is designed for shredding.
Seaboard 5D works with any MIDI iOS MIDI controller, but is designed to be plug-and-play with MPE controllers.
- Tweak sounds with onscreen macro controls and XY Touchpad
- Vary the size of the onscreen keywave surface to suit your screen and preferences
- Octave shift buttons and an onscreen sustain pedal add depth to real-time performance
- Control Five Dimensions of Touch: Strike, Press, Glide, Slide and Lift
- Recreate the Seaboard RISE experience on the iPhone 6s and make the most of its new 3D Touch feature
- iPhone 5c and above
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2 and above
- iPad Mini 2 and above
Note: While Seaboard 5D works well as a sound engine on all supported iPhones and iPads, you will only be able to use pressure control on devices with 3D Touch – an iPhone 6s or iPhone 7.
Seaboard 5D is a free download from the App Store.