Waves Audio has introduced Electric 200, a new virtual instrument that they say “captures the bite, bark and punchy reed tone of the electric piano model used on classic recordings by Ray Charles, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan and many more.” (aka, the Wurlitzer 200).
Electric 200 was sampled from two individual instruments, each with its own distinct tone. For an authentic feel with true physical presence, you can mix in the sound of the internal piano mechanisms, as if the original instruments were sitting right in front of you.
- Sampled from two vintage electric pianos of the same 200 model.
- Mix section for adding different sampled sounds from the originals (hammer, key up, mechanics).
- Compressor, limiter and amp included.
- Effects include tremolo, autopan, phaser, chorus, reverb.
- Plugin or standalone instrument.
- Use your Electric 88 presets in Electric 200.
Pricing and Availability
Electric 200 is available now for US $39 (regular $69).