Pepen has updated the GUI, so that most main controls are always visible onscreen. An EASY PAGE is also avaialble for more streamlined access to key controls.
Here are some of the key updates:
- Each of the three oscillators are now dual-equipped affairs, with WAVE A and WAVE B including a variety of mixed and morphed waves between them. There are now eight editable USER WAVES which can be combined into wave-sets that are traversable in different ways. Each of those USER WAVES is editable with up to 256 different partials and advanced controls to edit and shape the wavetables.
- All oscillators and filters are now fully stereo. S
- The FILTER section is bolstered by a much-expanded second filter (FILTER 2) section with full controls and envelopes, plus a third high-pass filter (HP FILTER) section for further fine-tuning.
- UNISON MODE has also been improved with up to six unison sub-voices for each full voice, allowing unison to work with any PLAY MODE. Meanwhile, more movement comes courtesy of an all-new XY PRO section with recordable paths that can be used to modulate all Predator 2 controls.
- Continuing with yet more notable improvements and additions, a dual arpeggiator (ARP A and ARP B) with Join mode means that users can create up to 32-step arpeggios — alternatively, they can try the all-new Sequencer Arp mode for yet more musical inspiration; increased envelopes, LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators) — up from two (in Predator) to four (in Predator 2), and modulation steps — up from eight (in Predator) to 20 (in Predator 2) with an ADVANCED (modulation) MODE allowing users to step limits and LOWER THR and UPPER THR amounts also add to the excitement of inspirational sound design, as does ADV/CHORD (advanced chord) editing and dual three-band EQ with LP (lowpass) and HP (high-pass) filter that can be PRE-FX or POST-FX.
- Each section can have its own presets and directly responds to copy, paste, and clear commands.
- Big Screen mode.
- Improved preset management with FIND PRESET mode and tagging.
Here’s an in-depth video intro from Rob Papen himself:
Pricing and Availability:
Predator 2 is available now for Mac & Windows as an AAX (32-/64-bit), AU (32-/64-bit), VST (32-/64-bit) compatible audio software plug-in for US $149.00/€149.00. See the Rob Papen site for details.