Deskew Technologies today released Gig Performer 1.0, a audio plugin host application that’s designed to give you complete control over live music rigs, effects, voices or all simultaneously.
Gig Performer lets you create ‘Rackspaces’, which transform your plugins into a live performance system. You can control multiple instruments, layer sounds and authentic effects. with little CPU overhead.
Gig Performer instead uses performer and connection views, letting you connect plugins any way you want, and then custom-design Panels to control each Rackspace. You can also add Variations, which let you instantly switch between multiple sets of settings for a single Rackspace.
For instance, if you create a Rackspace consisting of an electric piano and some effects (phase, reverb, tremolo), you could switch instantly from fast deep tremolo, to slow mellow tremolo plus reverb, and so on.
You can also customize Panels using a variety of available widgets (knobs, switches, levers, LEDs) and colored face plates.
They can also use Gig Performer with their existing environment, by training it to recognize the controls on their keyboards, OSC apps, MIDI expression pedals and control surfaces, and then use them to control plugin parameters. Features such as layering and splitting operations, and individual transposition are also built in.
Here’s the Gig Performer intro video:
Here’s a intro to the basics of working with Gig Performer:
- Switch among your rack spaces
- MIDI & OSC SUPPORT – Use your existing MIDI and OSC devices and apps. Map any control to any controllable parameter.
- Gig Performer is user-friendly. You will be able to create complete setups in no time.
- Low CPU Usage
- Works on OS X and Windows devices. Your GIG files can be opened on both platforms.
- Connect any plugin to any other plugin in any configuration. Parallel or serial – no AUX busses needed.
- Built-in tuner
- Associate specific MIDI devices with particular plugins easily and visually. Use transpose, channel mapping, MIDI out settings and more…
- Easily create variations of your rackspace. Switch between variations seamlessly – even while holding notes or chords on your keyboard or guitar.
- Use touch surfaces such as Lemur or TouchOSC to control Gig Performer, as well as applications such as Max for even more sophisticated control.
- Gig Performer supports VST formats on both OSX and MS Windows, as well as the AU format on OSX. AAX support will be included later.
Pricing and Availability
Gig Performer has an MSRP of US $249. Special pricing is currently available for $124. A 14-day trial version is also available. See the Gig Performer site for details.