Plankton Elektronics has launched a Kickstarter project to fund production of the Ants! – a new synth that’s designed to be an affordable, all-in-one modular.
- Analog: true analog electronics and sound.
- Modular: connect the different parts and functions with standard 3.5mm patch cords to create classic or novel sounds.
- Affordable: A fraction of the cost of a basic Eurorack modular system.
- Compatible: 100% compatible with the Eurorack voltage system and patching cords.
- Portable: small size and desktop format.
- Lot of features, which make it very powerful and versatile.
- 4 Oscillators: yes, 4! V/Oct triangle-core oscillators. 2 of them switchable to LFO. Combining sinusoidal, triangle, saw, square and pulse with PWM. Play chords, detuned basses, octaved leads, drums, and frequency modulated sounds.
- 2 LFOs: 2 low frequency oscillators with triangle, square and pulse outputs.
- VCF: switchable analog 12dB low-pass / 6db high-pass filter with resonance. At high input volumes it distort the signal. Self oscillating. It can sound crystal clear or really dirty.
- 2 A/R envelopes: 2 attack – release envelopes with manual and external controls. Working at different times.
- Mixer: 3 input mixer. Mix oscillators, envelopes, noise or any other AC or DC signal.
- 2 VCAs: control the level of the signals with 2 analog VCAs.
- Noise: a white noise source!
- Sample and Hold: create random voltages, stepped sequences or dither your sounds or even your own voice.
- AND gate: logic AND gate. Combine oscillators to create new waves, combine LFOs to create different patterns or mix your control signals to create complex modulations.
- MIDI to CV: connect any MIDI keyboard, sequencer or computer and transform the digital signal to analog voltages for controlling the synth.
- 49 patch points, 28 potentiometers, 5 switches and 8 leds.
- Normalized: Some connections are already made between some functions. Just connect your Midi or CV controller and play the synth without patching it. You can break any connection by plugging a patch cord to the normalized input.
Pricing and Availability:
The Ants! modular synthesizer is available to project backers, starting at €419.