The update adds support for the iPhone/iPod touch, AU support, new input and output options, Bluetooth and more.
The EMS VCS3 was one of the first portable synthesizers and has been used prominently by Pink Floyd, Jean Michel Jarre, Klaus Schulze, The Who and many others.
Here’s what’s new in version 2:
- Support for iPhone/iPod Touch
- Support for AudioUnit V3, separate modules: VCO, VCF, SPRING, ENV, VCA, NOISE
- New Input/Mic/Sampler Envelope Follower
- New Sequencer Reset/Randomize Functions
- New AudioShare support
- AudioCopy SDK 3.4
- Midibus 1.38 SDK
- New Bluetooth A2DP High Quality
- New Presets Manager Search Bar
- New Control Manager Search Bar
- New Samples Manager Search Bar
- New ‘Save Preset As… in’ function permits you to chose a Bank where save it
- New ‘Create Random Sound’ can modulate the random percentage and bypassing some critical parameters
- Receive remote MIDI Clock, bug fixed
- Audiobus Sequencer Play/Stop fixed with Ableton Link
- Envelope Signal scale fixed
- Mute switches are now Smoothed
- Two SEQUENCER Parameters have been added to Control Manager
- SpectralScope Amp/Time fixed
- Startup crash fixed with no Internet connection
- The Oscilloscope input is always an audio despite the Voltometer setting
- IAA ZOMBIE bug fixed
- iOS 10 SDK
Pricing and Availability
iVCS3 Version 2 is available in the App Store for US $14.99.
If you’ve used iVCS3, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!