GeoShred is an expressive musical instrument that combines a multi-touch performance surface with an advanced physical model of a guitar, based on physical modeling research of Dr. Julius O. Smith III of Stanford/CCRMA.
With GeoShred’s physical modeling synthesis, you can achieve realistic guitar sounds that bend, stretch and manipulate the sound into endless possibilities. You can explore, edit and control the physics of a guitar model – including solid or hollow body, nylon or metal strings, pick position, harmonics and more.
- A fluidly expressive playing surface coupled with a Physically modeled guitar
- MIDI IN/OUT and MPE support
- MIDI control using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, virtual MIDI and all digital interfaces including the TASCAM iXR and iConnectivity
- MIDI configuration presets
- Customizable control surface that can be mapped to physical MIDI Controls
- Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support.
- Multiple Modeled effects
- Modeled feedback and VCF effects
- Echo, a unique looper and multi-tap echo
- Finger vibrato, slide and fret scraping
- Unique mono mode using intervals of multiple strings.
- Built in Arpeggiator
- Alternative tunings
- Intelligent pitch rounding
- Easily share presets with friends
Here’s Jordan Rudess, using GeoShred to play Greensleeves:
Pricing and Availability
GeoShred is available now for US 24.95 (intro price, through Feb 1, 2017. Normally $29.95).