2017 NAMM Show: iConnectivity has announced spinXLR, a stereo phono preamp that’s designed to serve as the missing link between turntable and studio.
The preamp plugs the turntable’s standard RCA phono jacks into one end of spinXLR, and the other end plugs into the user’s mixer or audio interface via the included XLR cables. spinXLR runs on the 48v phantom power supplied directly by the user’s interface or mixer, no external power supply required.
iConnectivity spinXLR Features:
- Stereo RCA Phono inputs accept magnetic phono cartridge outs from any turntable
- Ground wire attachment eliminates hum
- +48V phantom powered from any XLR input (audio interface, mixer, mic preamp). No wall power required
- Standard RIAA de-emphasis equalization curve built in; no additional processing required
- Balanced XLR outputs ensure low-noise connections, especially in live situations
Here’s a more detailed overview of spinXLR:
Pricing and Availability
spinXLR will be available February 1st, 2017 from iConnectivity and iConnectivity resellers worldwide, with an estimated street price of US $59.99/ Eu €59. More information on SpinXLR is available on the iConnectivity website.