iRig Pro I/O is a simple “plug and play” interface that lets you hook up all your gear – guitars, basses, studio mics, vocal mics, keyboards and more – to your mobile devices or computers. This lets you record 24-bit/96kHz audio and MIDI tracks anywhere, any time.
iRig Pro I/O features a 1/8″ headphone/line out, with level control for use with the latest Apple devices like the iPhone 7 to connect to headphones, mixers, or powered monitor speakers.
- 24-bit, 96kHz Professional Audio – At its core, iRig Pro I/O is professional audio interface – it gives you the ability to record 24-bit audio at up to 96kHz sample rate. IK says that this high-resolution compact interface rivals traditional desktop interfaces. The iRig Pro I/O preamp features a marked precision input gain control to adapt to a wide array of input signals iRig Pro I/O features a multi-color LED indicator for visually optimizing the input gain level and monitoring of the input signal to prevent clipping.
- MIDI In/Out – iRig Pro I/O includes MIDI input and output ports to add connectivity with MIDI keyboards, controllers, synths, sound modules and more to record MIDI tracks, control virtual instruments, use control surfaces, connect outboard sound modules and more. The multi-color LEDs on iRig Pro I/O provide a visual of MIDI in/out activity.
- 1/8″ Headphone/Line out – For real-time monitoring on the go with the latest iPhones, iPads and computers, iRig Pro I/O features a 1/8″ headphone/line output with level control. Users can hook up their headphones, connect to a mixer, or hook up a set of powered monitors like iLoud Micro Monitor.
- Combo XLR/¼” Input – iRig Pro I/O features a Neutrik™ XLR/¼” combo input that lets users plug in all their gear – from dynamic, condenser or ribbon microphones to unbalanced Hi-Z or line level instruments like guitars, basses and more. iRig Pro I/O features a switchable 48V phantom power feature for powering condenser or active ribbon microphones. With the adjustable input gain control, users can easily recall and replicate the input gain setting for their instruments, and the multi-color LED provides a visual monitor of the input signal gain setting.
- Battery, USB or DC Power with device charging function – iRig Pro I/O can operate with its onboard 2 x AA batteries (included) when connected to an iPhone/iPad, or on USB power when used with a Mac or PC. iRig Pro I/O also features a new DC in port that, when used with its dedicated power supply unit, will charge a connected iPhone or iPad while in use for unlimited playing or recording time, on stage and in the studio.
Pricing and availability
iRig Pro I/O will be available in April, 2017, from the IK Multimedia online store and IK authorized dealers worldwide, for $/€149.99. Rig Pro I/O comes with 2 x AA batteries, Mini-DIN to USB and Mini-DIN to Lightning cables, and two 5-Pin MIDI to 2.5mm cables for connection to standard MIDI gear. See the IK site for more info.