Akai Professional today announced that their iOS app iMPC, is now also available from the Samsung Galaxy Apps Store.
iMPC for Android was created in collaboration with app developer Retronyms, and the app fuses the workflow of an Akai Professional MPC (Music Production Center) with tools for composing, editing and mixing music on the user’s Samsung device.
iMPC for Android at launch will be available exclusively to Samsung phone and tablet users as an in-app purchase inside Samsung’s Soundcamp, a digital audio workstation. The Soundcamp DAW enables users to record, edit and mix up to 8 audio/MIDI tracks, and also has a piano roll editor for music editing.
- More than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
- Sample from Android mic, line in or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
- Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Export your projects for use in the desktop MPC Software or in wav format
Pricing and Availability. Akai iMPC, for Android Galaxy phones and tablets, is available now as an in-app purchase from the Soundcamp app, which is available via Samsung’s Galaxy App Store. It retails for $6.99 (£5.99 UK). For more information, visit akaipro.com.