KV331 Audio has released SynthMaster One — a new wavetable synthesizer for Mac OS X and Windows.
SynthMaster One shares the same sound engine as its big brother, SynthMaster, but boosts it with wavetable synthesis features. Unlike SynthMaster, where only up to 16 waveforms can be sequenced to create a wavetable, SynthMaster One can read files that contain wavetables in them.
SynthMaster One comes with a wavetable library that can be extended by placing wavetables in its Waveforms folder. Furthermore, each of its two oscillators feature 17 different algorithms controlled by TONE and PHASE parameters to shape the oscillator wavetable.
Here’s the official intro video:
- Cross-platform VST and AU: SynthMaster One runs as a VST instrument on both Windows and Mac OSX, and also as an Audio Unit instrument on Mac OSX. On Windows, it runs as a standalone application as well.
- 500 Factory Presets: SynthMaster One comes with 500 presets from a team of sound designers: Arksun, Aiyn Zahev, Bulent Biyikoglu, Gercek Dorman, Nori Ubukata, Rob Lee, Ufuk Kevser, Vorpal Sound and Xenos Soundworks .
- Semi-Modular Architecture: For each SynthMaster One instance, there are 2 oscillators with 2 sub oscillators, 2 Filters, 4 ADSR Envelopes, 2 LFOs, a powerful 16 step arpeggiator/sequencer and also 11 different efffects that can be inserted on to 6 FX insert slots. The sub oscillators can be connected to the oscillators in 5 different modes which let you use it as a regular sub oscillator or do complex modulations such as ring modulation, amplitude modulation, phase modulation or frequency modulation.
- 16 Step Arpeggiator/Sequencer: The arpeggiator in SynthMaster One features classic arpeggiator modes such as Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, UpDown2, DownUp2, AsPlayed as well as Sequence, Chord and Arpeggiate modes. Each of the 16 steps of the arpeggiator has its own Velocity, Note Number, Note Length, Slide and Hold parameters.
- Wavetable Synthesis: SynthMaster One implements true wavetable synthesis which opens up new possibilities for sound design. Unlike SynthMaster where you can sequence up to 16 waveforms to create a wavetable, you can import wave files that contain wavetables into SynthMaster One and use them in your projects. SynthMaster One comes with a rich wavetable library and you can extend that by placing wavetables under the Waveforms folder of SynthMaster One.
- Stereo Oscillators with up to 16 voices Unison: Each of the 2 oscillators in SynthMaster One have stereo output, and can have up to 16 voices “unison”. Using the “voices”, “voices mix”, “detune curve”, “detune spread”, “pan stread”, “tone spread” and “phase spread” parameters, each oscillator can generate a rich “supersaw” type sound.
- Zero Delay Feedback Filters: All of the 4 filter categories in SynthMaster One are developed using the zero delay feedback filter technology. With advanced filter parameters like input gain, drive and acid, you can get that “analog” sound from the filters!
- Rich Set of Effects: SynthMaster One features 11 different effect types: Distortion, LoFi, Ensemble, Phaser, 6 Band EQ, Compressor, Vocoder, Delay, Chorus, Tremolo, Reverb.
- Microtuning: SynthMaster One supports Scala tuning, so tuning can be set either for each preset or globally by loading from a Scala tuning file.
- Preset Browser: SynthMaster One features a comprehensive preset browser with separate search criterias for instrument type, preset attributes, music style or preset author.
- Importing MIDI patterns as Arpeggiator Sequence: Monophonic or even polyphonic (chord) MIDI patterns can be imported into the arpeggiators in SynthMaster One by just drag and drop of the MIDI file onto the arpeggiator view on the plugin window.
Pricing and Availability
SynthMaster One is available now for US$79. A demo version is also available.