Folktek has introduced Mescaline – a new modular synth that they say is ‘designed to merge art, design and synthesis into a tool which encourages exploration and experimentation in sound’.
Mescaline is a 3-part synthesis and sequencing system designed for experimentation. It’s a modular synthesizer system with a different approach which works standalone or within the Eurorack modular system.
- A touch-based synth which provides a ‘sweet sounding’ 10-key oscillation.
- Each key is tuned individually and can be tuned to specific notes on the back via tuning trim pots, so you can create intervals or pitch arrangements as you like.
- Master pitch control/control voltage lets you change the tuning of all notes simultaneously.
- 10-note polyphony.
- Synthesis passes through a custom designed DSP reverb which is huge and near infinite. Reverb controls are mix, feedback and filter (which adds a damping to the signal).
- 3.5mm jacks represent audio in, audio out, cv in.
- Jumpable headers for all functions as well as power.
Here’s a video intro:
Beatmaking with Mescaline:
Pricing and Availability
Mescaline production is being funded via an IndieGoGo project. The complete system is available to backers for US $449. Individual panels are also available separately. Systems are expected to ship in approx 4-5 months.