Superbooth 17: The Jomox Alpha Base is a new drum machine design by Jürgen Michaelis that features eleven drum voices, sequencer, Midi/USB/SD-Card and individual outputs.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
Although it may appear similar to the classics XBASE 09, 999 and 888, the ALPHA BASE has an entirely new design under the hood. We have put in the concentrated know-how of the Jomox drum machines and of our synths of the past 20 years. We have simplified some things, but also added new components or have combined them new.
The outcome is the best sounding and most versatile drum machine that Jomox has ever built.
Here’s a video demo of the Alpha Base prototype in action:
- 11 Instruments: Kick Drum, MBrane, Cl HiHat, Op HiHat, Clap, Rim Shot, Crash, Ride, X Sample 1, X Sample 2, FM Synth.
- Analog Jomox kick drum.
- Analog Jomox MBrane voice with 2 coupleable F-OSC for complex analog snare, percussion, bass and tom sounds ranging from 16Hz to 20kHz.
- 2 sample-based instruments with analog VCA ADSR envelope and/or HH filter, optionally with metallic noise mixed as extra sound source. The HH filter is 2-pole, HP/LP/Res each separated parameters, peakable but not oscillating.
- 4 sample-based instruments with analog VCA ADSR envelope and/or resonating multimode filter (LP, HP, BP) with ADSR envelope, optionally with metallic noise mixed as extra sound source. The multimode filter can be used as a signal generator in order to generate analog toms or sticks etc.
- 2 sample-based instruments with external sampling input and pure digital playback.
- 1 FM synth with 4 operators and max. 6 voices for percussive sounds.
- Effects delay, reverb with send per instrument, also insertable into analog signal path on CH, OH, Clp, Rim, Ride.
- LFOs: per instrument one LFO (MBrane 2 LFOs) with 64 wave forms, each assignable on pitch, VCA, filter cutoff.
- 250 samples 16 Bit/48kHz in internal flash memory.
- SD card slot for loading of samples.
- USB (Midi Device).
- Midi In, Midi Out, Midi Thru.
- DIN sync out 2x integrated in the jacks Midi Out or Midi Thru.
- Inputs: stereo in for sampling, FX or sidechain. Both inputs are Hi-Z and suitable for guitar/bass or work up to line level +20dBu.
- Outputs: 8 individual balanced outputs, stereo mix balanced, headphones.
- Output Level: max. ca.+14dBu unbalanced, +20dBu balanced on all outputs.
- 18 encoders
- Input Volume, Phones Volume and Mix Volume are analog potentiometers.
- LCD display 2×24 characters.
The Jomox Alpha Base is priced at 1699.00 €*. See the Jomox site for details.