We talked with Yamaha product specialist Blake Angelos, who gave us an in-depth demo of the MX88.
Key features of the Yamaha MX88 include:
- Sound collection based on the Yamaha Motif sound engine contains everything from synthesizer leads and pads to realistic acoustic instrument sounds.
- Yamaha’s Concert Grand Piano sound has been optimized for the MX88 keyboard.
- The Yamaha MX88 connects easily to both Mac OS X and Windows computers via a class-compliant, bi-directional USB audio/MIDI interface. This makes it easy to record into a DAW or to monitor the computer’s output through the keyboard’s ¼” audio outputs or headphone jack.
- A full selection of effects
- Easy Split/Layer Performance Mode
- 16-part Multi timbral operation and 128-note polyphony
- Extensive hands-on control for VSTs and DAWs
- A software bundle that includes Steinberg Cubase AI
Pricing and Availability
The Yamaha MX88 is available now with an MSRP of $1,299. See the Yamaha site for more info.