At Superbooth 17, Soulsby Synthesizers introduced the Oscidrum – an 8-part, 16-step drum machine for the Oscitron module – and the AT-ARP arpeggiator module.
We talked with designer Paul Soulsby, who gave us a quick overview and demo of the new modules.
This is an 8 part, 16 step drum machine for the Oscitron module. The software will be available for free. The overlay and programmer cable (along with an Odytron overlay) will be available as an accessories pack for the Oscitron. Oscidrum features includes:
- Engine sample rate controllable locally or via V/Oct input
- Each instrument has volume, pitch, length and delay FX parameters
- Currently 2 banks of sounds available (this will increase in time)
- 8 user patterns (also saves instrument parameters)
This is a new 2HP module based on the Atmegatron Arpeggiator algorithm. Features include:
- 16 Atmegatron patterns
- 16 User patterns
- MIDI input via mini-jack
- Chord generation via 2x V/Oct inputs
- V/Oct output
- Clock division settings
- Ping-pong mode
See the Soulsby site for more details.