Synthstrom shared this hands-on demo that looks at workflow with the new Deluge sampler, synthesizer & sequencer.
The video features New Zealand producer, Peach Milk, talking through her process using the Deluge.
The Deluge is an all-in-one, stand-alone, portable synthesizer, sequencer and sampler designed for the creation, performance and improvisation of electronic music.
- Full-featured internal synthesizer engine (subtractive and FM).
- Polyphony limited only by CPU. Typically up to 48 synth voices or 64 unaffected sample voices may play.
- Live adjustment of synth and effect parameters with two endless-turn encoders with LED level-meters.
- Easy buttons to select the functions these control.
- Parameter automation recording.
- Dedicated volume and tempo knobs.
- LFOs and envelopes on each synth / sample. Highly customizable modulation matrix.
- Synthesizer engine features LPF / HPF, FM, arpeggiator, portamento, oscillator sync, ring modulation, unison detune, and more.
- Four basic waveforms, or select any WAV file from the SD card.
- FX including delay, reverb, chorus, flanger, phaser, bitcrushing, sidechain effect, live stutter, and more.
- Keyboard mode, where the pads become a live instrument on a 2D grid.
- Preset or custom scales, or chromatic mode.
- Piano-roll-style sequencing on 128 full RGB pads (16×8) with scrolling and zooming.
- Sequencing limited only by device RAM (many thousands of notes).
- CC control and sequencing on all 16 MIDI channels
- Advanced syncing capabilities. Non-standard time signatures supported.
- Adjustable swing
- Loads samples from SD card (up to 32GB SDHC).
- 64MB of sample ram – work with up to 12 minutes (if mono) of CD-quality samples per song.
- 5mm mic, ¼” line inputs and microphone.
- Two ¼” line outputs, and 3.5mm headphone output.
- 2x CV outputs. 0 – 10V, individually configurable to between 0.01 and 2.00 volts per octave, or to hertz-per-volt.
- 4x gate / trigger outputs individually configurable to v-trig or s-trig, with shared voltage switchable between 5V and 12V.
- Trigger clock output configurable, up to 192 PPQN.
- Trigger clock input, also with adjustable PPQN.
- MIDI input and output via hardware connectors or USB. Syncing via MIDI beat clock as master or slave.
- Simultaneously output separate sequences to all 16 MIDI channels, 2 CV / gate channels and 2 additional gate outputs, in addition to internal synthesizers / samples (limited only by CPU and RAM, as above).
- Powered via USB or 9 – 12V centre-negative (pedal-style) power supply (500mA) (not included).
- User-upgradeable firmware – expect updates from Synthstrom Audible.
- Internal speaker, rechargeable Li-ion battery* (6+ hours of operation).
- Printed manual of software 1.1.0 is included.
*For international customers battery is not included. We will provide you details of where to buy, they cost around $5-20USD each, will last a few years (depending on a variety of factors).
- Dimensions: 305mm x 208mm x 46mm (12 x 8.2 x 1.8 inches).
- Weight: 1.5kg
Pricing and Availability
The Deluge is available to order now, priced starting at US $899.