Synthesizers.com designer Roger Arrick has introduced the Q148 VCA++, a 5U module that combines a normal VCA, a left-right panner, a clipping monitor, a tuner, and a headphone amplifier all in a single-space module.
Arrick says that the Q148 VCA++ makes a great final output module for studio or live work.
- The VCA offers both manual and voltage control. When patching in a control voltage, the VCA knob becomes an attenuator for the control voltage and becomes your volume control.
- The panning section gives you manual or voltage control of where the sound goes – left and/or right.
- The tuning section provides an A (440hz) or C (523hz) standard for setting oscillators.
- An LED indicates when the signal is getting close to the natural clipping level of the internal circuits to prevent distortion and help you set proper levels for the best signal-to-noise ratio.
- Stereo headphone amplifier with a volume control.
Pricing and Availability
The Synthesizers.com Q148 VCA++ module is available now for US $212.