HoRNet Plugins has introduced DeeLay Plus – an advanced digital delay, for Mac & Windows, that can be used to create space, moving sounds and ‘weird effects’.
The core of the plugin are two separate delay units (called left and right) that can be routed to the left or the right channel independently. The feedback of each unit can also be cross-fed to the other one.
The standard delay controls like feedback and delay time are provided and can be linked together for quicker use, you can also sync the delay time to the host tempo.
HoRNet DeeLay Plus gives you many modulation and sound manipulation options. The feedback path can be filtered with a 6dB/oct low pass filter and a 6dB/oct high pass filter, followed by a distortion unit that goes from “clean” to “completely crushed” sound. Setting the feedback to 100% sends each delay unit int a “continuous loop” mode where the output sound never stops even if the input goes silent, entering this mode gives you weird and noisy sounds or looping hypnotic ones.
To make things more interesting we gave DeeLay Plus two LFO (Low Frequency Oscillators) that go from 0.1Hz to 10Hz. Each of the LFO provides four different waveform (sine, triangle, sawtooth and square) and each of the LFO can be routed simultaneously both to time and feedback level of each of the delay lines, it sounds complicated but in the end it means that you can modulate both time (creating pitch variations) and feedback (creating time variation) for each of the delay modules. Two LFOs means that complex waveform can be made as a modulation source and this in turn makes your moving sound more interesting.
- Two separate delay lines with feedback.
- Max. 5s delay time.
- Tempo sync with host DAW.
- Routable feedback to each one of the two delay lines.
- Endless loop mode.
- Routable output to left or right for each delay line.
- Delay time and feedback link.
- Input and output graphic display.
- Adjustable hi pass and low pass filter on delay output.
- Adjustable feedback distortion.
- Analog to digital converter emulation.
- Two separate LFO.
- Four wave shape for each LFO (sine, saw, triangle and square).
- Each LFO can modulate both time and feedback for each delay.
- Dry / Wet knob.
Pricing and Availability
DeeLay Plus is available now for 13,99€. A demo version is also available.