Xils-Lab has released PolyM – a software recreation of the Moog Polymoog synthesizer.
Here’s the official video intro:
- Unlimited polyphony, as PolyM’s inspiration was considered when released. Even if it was not true, compared to monophonic synthesizers of these times or to the five or eight voices machines, the 71 voices, each one with its own pulse width modulation, filter, VCA and envelope generator, was a revolution.
- Two Top Octave Divider (T.O.D) oscillators, slightly detuned for an incredible phasing effect and a very special envelope generator are the Heart and the Soul of the PolyM.
- Hybrid design from an organ-like synthesizer and three filter banks, including a 24db ladder filter, driven by a monophonic envelope.
- Using divide-down technology offers a particular sound for Chords and Pads you can’t find any other way, but that’s not all. Feeding a monophonic zero-delay 24db self-oscillating filter, driven by the keyboard, gives you the possibility to play huge Basses or leads as no other synthesizer can do.
- Also features an Acoustic filter bank, a Resonator bank, a Delay, Phaser, Reverb and plenty of modulation possibilities.
Pricing and Availability
PolyM is available now for Mac & PC for 99,00 € (intro price, normally 149,00). A demo version is also available.