Erica Synths’ Fusion VCA & VCF vacuum-tube Eurorack modules are now available.
The 24dB/12dB Fusion VCF is their take on the four pole lowpass filter. Each side of double triode drives signal between 2nd and 3rd stage of the filter, while germanium diodes are used to limit output signal.
They say that the result is a ‘deep sounding VCF with unique character.’ The module offers resonance volume compensation and filter slope selection. It also offers a 3-input mixer with dedicated mixer output.
- 4 pole lowpass resonant VCF with tube drive between stages
- Three input signal mixer
- Selectable 24db/12dB filter slope
- Signal drop compensation, when resonance is increased
- Germanium diode based output signal limiter
The core of Fusion VCA is a custom circuit, built around a Russian miniature pentode. Feedback adds harmonics to the original signal and acts similar to cutoff knob on VCFs and Deform knob controls amount of distortion in germanium diodes based circuit.
- Miniature pentode based VCA
- Manual VCA bias control
- Audio signal feedback control
- Germanium diodes/tube overdrive
- Waveshaping – signal deform
- 2 input signal mixer
- Overdrive flavour select switch
Pricing and Availability