At the 2017 Summer NAMM Show, Gamechanger Audio introduced the PLUS Pedal, a new effects pedal that brings piano-style sustain to electric guitars and other instruments.
The PLUS Pedal lets you create new types of arrangements, like playing lead lines on top of sustained chords, combining up to 5 different sounds to build multi-layered drones or just using the WET only mode to give your instrument a new character.
Here are several videos, demonstrating the pedal with a variety of instruments:
- Full spectrum of sustain controls – 4 knobs (Blend, Sustain, Rise, Tail) allow to modify all parameters of the sustain tones
- Multiple layers allow stacking up to 5 notes or chords simultaneously.
- Unique design – a brilliant combination of a guitar stomp-box and piano’s damper pedal. The steel case will make sure it lasts, and the classy look will make it fit on any stage, from café guitarist to rock band to jazz trio.
- Two Outputs will allow you to use the PLUS with a two amplifier setup or split your effects chain.
- Revolutionary FX Loop allows you to link the PLUS Pedal with any other effects unit and use it to modify the Wet or the Dry signal separately.
How does it work?
The PLUS Pedal works as a sort of “Smart Looper” that only catches the second half of each note or chord you play and samples that short snippet of sound into a seamless, continuous loop.
This method is responsive to any playing style – letting you create continuous layers of sustain, incorporating vibrato, bends, harmonics, trills and other dynamic playing techniques. You can also use a whammy bar, play with a slide or experiment with amp feedback or noises – the PLUS Pedal will capture the tonal nuances and turn them into a continuous sound.’
Pricing and Availability
The PLUS Pedal is available for pre order for US $279, with an expected shipping date of late July, 2017.