Here are the new features and changes added with v1.3.1 OS:
- Joystick position is now stored in the preset.
- Assign buttons and Unison Chord stack now stored with the Preset.
- A Random Tune parameter both in a preset and at the global level. This works per voice, and only affects the whole voice’s tuning
- Preset names and categories of the current bank are now loaded into a memory cache, making selection and viewing of them faster.
- New MIDI Realtime on/off in the global MIDI page to send/receive Start/Stop commands.
- Ribbon now outputs MIDI controller on CC18 & CC19.
- Solaris remembers the last presets selected when you turn it off, so it will resume where you were.
- Global override parameters added for Sustain and Expression Pedals.
- Changed the Mod Source listing of Ped1 and Ped2 to “ExpPed and “SusPed” to make it more clear
- The ribbon Offset parameter now works differently. It adjusts the “neutral” point from the left end to the right end of the ribbon.
- FX Bypass now does not alter the on/off state of the Preset’s effects parameters, but truly bypasses the FX bus, and stays bypassed when selecting through presets or using the Compare feature.
- All remaining system bugs fixed. These include numerous display-related issues (parameters not being refreshed, wrong pages appearing where they shouldn’t, etc..)
This new OS works with both detented and non-detented encoder front panels.
Bowen says this is a ‘must have’ update for Solaris owners.
You can download v1.3.1 from the Data Files section of the Solaris Forum (for Owners only).