Here’s a hands-on demo, via MylarMelodies, of the Make Noise Morphagene, a Eurorack module that’s described as ‘a next generation tape and microsound music module that uses Reels, Splices and Genes to create new sounds from those that already exist’.
The Morphagene can be used to:
- Splice recorded audio and jumble it using ORGANIZE.
- Manipulate playback speed and direction with Vari-Speed.
- Granularize with Gene-Size and Slide.
- Layer or Stagger Genes using MORPH.
- Undertake iterative music processes by recording manipulations and overdubs into new Splices, like having two machines (one for Playback and modulations.
Pricing and Availability
The Morphagene is available for US $529.