Developer Nikolozi Meladze has introduced NFM, a new FM software synthesizer for iPad.
NFM is designed to be an intuitive FM synthesizer, with a streamlined interface. It works as an Audio Unit extension inside a host application, such as GarageBand, Cubasis, Auria Pro, modstep and AUM.
- Six stereo operators
- Fully customizable FM algorithm
- Oscillators: sinusoid, noise, fixed frequency
- Envelopes with adjustable level, time and curve parameters
- Operator amplitude can be modulated by the stereo LFO, key or velocity
- Pitch envelope, vibrato
- Build-in effects: distortion, delay, flanger
- Voice modes: monophonic, polyphonic, legato, glide
- Preset management inside the app
- Numeric pad for entering parameter values precisely
No details are provided regarding support for MIDI, Audiobus, etc., and no official audio or video demo is currently available via the developer’s site.
If you’ve used NFM, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it and feel free to leave a link to your own audio or video samples!
Pricing and Availability
NFM is available now for US $14.99.