Developer Oliver Kuhn contacted us about his app, okJDXiEditor, a free patch editor and librarian for the Roland JD-Xi synthesizer.
okJDXiEditor lets you edit all synthesizers (digital and analog) as well as the drum kit partials. Patches may be saved as files and loaded later. All files are text files which store the midi messages in ascii hex format. One message per line. This makes it easy to share patches.
- Easily change patch names
- Edit synth tones, drum kit and partials
- Save and load individual synth tones as well as the drum kit.
- You can easily create your own patches or select a preset and modify it
- Fully scalable user interface.
- This editor will only modify the temporary memory of the JD-Xi. To permanently save patches you must press the [Shift][Write] keys on the JD-Xi or save them to a file.
Pricing and Availability
okJDXiEditor is a free download from the Mac App Store.