On 808 Day, Roland has introduced the SH-01A, a Boutique-format recreation of the classic SH-101 synthesizer.
The SH-01A recreates the Roland SH-101 using analog circuit modeling, adding polyphony, new performance features and more.
- Sounds of the classic SH-101 synthesizer via ACB tech, including bass, lead, noise, and sound effects
- New Unison, Chord, and four-voice Polyphonic modes expand on the original’s iconic sound palette
- Built-in sequencer with 64 patterns available to save and recall
- Easy performance arpeggiator with three playback modes, note hold, and three-way transpose switch
- CV/Gate output for controlling modular or vintage gear
- Multiple sync options including internal and external MIDI, MIDI via USB, LFO clock, and trigger input
- 64 writeable preset patches for increased performance capabilities
- Selectable advanced LFO with new waveforms and extended range of clock rate
- Sends and receives MIDI control change messages via traditional MIDI jacks or USB
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- Battery-operated (4 x AA) or USB powered
- Compatible with the K-25m Keyboard Unit and other optional Roland Boutique accessories
- Available in limited-edition red and blue colors like the original SH-101
Pricing and Availability
The Roland SH-01A is expected to be available in Sept, with a street price of about $350. See the Roland site for more info.