ROLI has released Equator, the Multidimensional Polyphonic Expression (MPE) synthesizer behind the company’s Seaboard RISE and Seaboard GRAND, as a standalone software synth for Mac & Windows.
Equator was originally launched in 2015, to support the expressive possibilities of ROLI’s instrument/controllers.
Equator is designed to respond to very subtle expressive control in three dimensions. Equator lets you map Strike, Press, Glide, Slide, and Lift gestures to any musical parameter.
- 400+ Presets
- 3 Oscillators with 40+ waveforms
- 2 sample banks with over 50+ factory sample instruments
- 1 noise generator with multiple waveforms
- 1 configurable FM module
- 6 Custom built effects
- Flexible Routing Matrix
- 5 multi-mode Filter Modules
- 2 multi-waveform LFOs
- 5 multi-mode Envelopes
- 4 multi-mode and multi-node keytracking sources
- 4 adjustable curves per dimension of touch
- 8 Macro Controls
- Playlist Manager
- Online library of presets and playlists
- Deep integration with ROLI Hardware
Here’s a video demo of Equator in action:
Pricing and Availability
Equator is available now for $179 (£149), and all owners of a Lightpad Block and Seaboard Block can now upgrade to Equator for $79.