Developer Ammar Muqaddas has introduced SoloRack, a new software modular synthesizer for Windows.
SoloRack is a software modular synthesizer that is designed to be a virtual Eurorack system. Both analog modeled/emulated and pure digital modules are available.
- Practically no limit to the number of modules and rack rows that can be added.
- The System B currently comes with 45 modules (plus the two input/output free modules). Including 3 Oscillator modules, 5 filters, 2 Amplifiers, 2 Mixers, 1 panner, 1 ADSR, 1 VCLFO, 1 Random-Sample and Hold, 1 Noise module, 1 Delay module, 1 Chorus module, 1 Reverb Module, 2 Ring Modulators, 1 CV sequencer, 1 Trigger sequencer and many more utilities like Input/Ouput modules, MIDI to CV, tempo from DAW, clock divider, logic Tool, switch and CV tools.
- Can work as an effect with multiple inputs and outputs.
- Both 14bit and 7bit MIDI is supported concurrently and automatically without preconfiguration (currently using LSB/MSB).
- Polyphony is possible using manual patching as it is done in hardware. Or through the sequencer modules.
- Multichannel MIDI support. Can be used to achieve multi-timbral voices.
- MIDI patch points and MIDI cables routing between modules all working at audio rate!!
- Support for Bi-directional patch points that can work as both inputs or outputs at the same time. As in some Eurorack modules, like switches for example.
- Oversampling (up to X256), though the developer notes “Not that any current CPU can handle it!!.”
- Audio rate modulation of any CV input. The system even allows ultra sonic modulation when oversampling.
- Minimum internal sample block size (1 sample), this gives minimum possible delay between modules.
- Engineered from ground up to be CPU efficient. With optimization done at each level or development, not just at the end.
- Connectivity to modular hardware is supported (including but not limited to Eurorack). With 10 Audio/CV inputs, 12 Audio/CV outputs. (Note: For low frequency CV you will need an interface that has DC coupled inputs/outputs. Or use dedicated modules like the Expert Sleepers(TM) ES-6 and ES-3.
- 220 presets are available (PLUS extra variations).
Pricing and Availability
Solorack is available as a complete system, System B, for US $110. Modules are also available individually. See the SoloStuff site for details.