Tasty Chips Electronics has launched a Kickstarter campaign to fund production of the GR-1 Granular Synthesizer.
The GR-1 is a hardware polyphonic granular synthesizer, capable of creating textures, characteristic sounds, drones, soundscapes and pads.
- The GR-1 is massively polyphonic: 128 grains per voice, times 16 voices = 2048 grains in parallel.
- 32 bit mixing and a HIFI stereo DAC for rendition.
- 7″ full-color display.
- It can use (USB or DIN) MIDI keyboards, USB sticks/disks, USB audio interfaces, and even PC keyboards.
- CV interfaces for integration with Modular (Eurorack) systems.
- On-board controls and MIDI connectivity make it easy to manipulate sound.
- Knobs and sliders allow all granular parameters to be changed in seconds.
- The GR-1 also allows stand-alone operation: No MIDI keyboard required! The GR-1 has buttons and sliders to create 4 note chords or drones.
- Built-in headphone amp.
Pricing and Availability
The GR-1 Granular Synthesizer is available to project backers for €849, about US $1,020.