Originally introduced at Musikmesse in 2011, a ‘final’ run of the Schmidt Synthesizer was announced in 2016.
Schmidt-Synthesizer Product Manager Axel Fischer had this to say about the change in plans:
“Last year, we assumed that the second batch would also be the last. The Schmidt Eightvoice Analog Synthesizer’s sound engine electronics are mainly of ‘old school’ stock, with through-hole mounting technology, and pricing for those components have been rising steadily for years. Yet since the second batch of 25 units — ultimately, we ordered some extra components, so there were actually 27 — sold out within 14 months, those component prices are acceptable.”
“So, since the Schmidt Eightvoice Analog Synthesizer still enjoys serious support, we’re happy to announce that additional units of this wonderful instrument will be available in 2018. At the moment, we’re still finishing fulfilling orders for the second batch, but orders for the third batch can be placed as of now.”
- eight-voice polyphonic, true analog synthesizer with digital control and preset memories
- discrete sound generation circuitry (no integrated oscillator / filter circuits on one single chip)
- eight-part multimode – select the desired preset sound, voice allocation, keyboard mapping, MIDI channel, controller-assignment, tuning, volume, panning, and output routing for each multimode part.
- separate audio outputs for each voice, plus summing outputs and headphone out
- 1,028 single sound presets
- 256 multi sound presets
- 61 keys, semi-weighted, with velocity and aftertouch
- sophisticated glide/portamento capabilities
- several realtime modifiers fully programmable per preset (modwheel, stick controller, keyboard-aftertouch, four foot switches, four expression pedals)
- complete MIDI implementation, MIDI via USB port and DIN sockets
- all sound programming functions with dedicated front panel controls and switches
- precise information on parameter names and current values via large LC-display
- multi-color LEDs
- control panel with adjustable angle
- internal universal power supply
- flightcase included
Pricing and Availability
The Schmidt Eightvoice Analog Synthesizer is available for 19,900 EUR in black or 20,900 EUR in white. (Prices including German VAT.) See the Schmidt site for details.