Richard Upchurch has introduced another addition to his BrandNewNoise collection of music-making boxes.
The latest box, Krankie, is a recording device with loop switch, pitch control knob,1/8″ output and a DIY music box. The “old school” hand-crank music box allows the user to write/punch their own paper “piano rolls” then adds recording, looping, and pitch shift capabilities.
How ‘Krankie’ Works:
- Punch your piano roll with punch included.
- Insert your roll into the music box.
- Hold the red record button and talk into the microphone on the top.
- Toggle the switch to the right, you can playback your recording one time.
- Switch to the left for continuous play.
- Press the Black playback/ stop button to hear your recording.
- “Go bananas” turning the pitch shift knob for “sounds you thought only an aliens could make.”
Don’t turn the knob past the resistance points. Beware of jealous musician friends in the area.
- Dimensions: 3” x 3.5” x 2”
- 2-AAA batteries included
- Includes looping switch, pitch control knob, ?” output jack for headphones/ speakers/ recording gear
- 30-second record sample
- Handmade with sustainable wood
Pricing and Availability
Krankie retails for $120 US and is available now via the BrandNewNoise webstore.