Bolasol has updated WerkBench for iPad to version 3.
The update is a major one for the touchscreen sampler & sequencer, adding support for iOS 11, Audiobus 3, new effects, an improved engine and more.
Here’s what’s new in WerkBench 3:
- iOS11 compatibility
- Audiobus 3 (Audio receiver and sender, MIDI receiver)
- All new graphics
- More effects:
- Reverb (decay, color, and mix), independent sends for each sample
- Bit crusher
- High-pass filter in instrument controls.
- More step-editing/automation parameters:
- Reverb sends
- Bit crusher down-sampling per step
- Low-pass filter
- New ways to interact:
- All step-automation parameters can be recorded in real time.
- All step-automation parameters can be randomized.
- Step-automation can be preserved when sampling (letting you pre-program melodies, etc. before sampling).
- New file format:
- Easy sharing and importing between devices:
- .werk files can be made by zipping a folder of wavs and renaming the extension.
- And vice versa, you can unzip .werk files on your computer to get the .wav files that were recorded in Werkbench.
- Engine stuff:
- Longer sample times (2x as long as before)
- Wider pitch range (up to 8 octave range per sample).
- 64 note max polyphony (configurable)
- Tempo goes up to 999 BPM
Pricing and Availability
WerkBench is available now for US $9.99.
If you’ve used WerkBench 3, leave a comment and share your thoughts on it!