Living Memory Software has updated LayR, its multitimbral software synthesizer for iOS, adding a new Wave Folder in the synth engine, 200+ new Instrument Presets and more.
Here’s what’s new in LayR 1.0.7:
- 200+ new Instrument presets from Brice.
- A brand new Wave Folding distortion effect inserted between the 2 filters.
( Wave Folder is only active then Filter 2 has input from Filter 1 )
- A new performance bank with a few Wave Folder demo presets.
- New MIDI activity indicators added to Instrument views.
(The arrows on the MIDI transpose control now flash when MIDI is received.)
- New Voice Activity indicators added to all Mixer Strips.
(Blue lights indicate voices are active for the Instrument or Layer.)
- Added Mod and Bend wheel controls to the keyboard.
- Added a “dark mode” for the keyboard:
(The dark option can be set in the key edit view.)
- Added an “Initialise” button to the Load Preset views.
(Resets instrument or performance to default settings.)
- Added an “Add Layer” button to Layer Strips in Performance view.
- Tapping on the host button in IAA transport now switches directly to the host app.
- In some IAA hosts LayR will now appear in it’s own “Living Memory” category.
- Added copy & paste filter1 to filter2 and vice-versa in the layer clipboards.
(To access clipboard on iPad, long-press on the background in the editor).
- Instrument & Layer: Increased transpose limit from 36 to 72.
- Renamed LayR’s main mix output to “LayR Main Stereo”.
- Fixed: Instrument MIDI bank number incorrectly reset after loading an instrument.
- Fixed: Tapping on the keyboard MIDI channel to enter channel number.
LayR is a massively polyphonic, multi-timbral synthesizer for iPad and iPhone, optimized for modern 64 bit devices delivering up to 256 voices of rich, multi-layered and textured sounds.
- Optimized 32-bit Audio Engine.
- Up to 128 Voices ( 256 on iPad Pro ).
- Multi-Timbral with 8 individual stereo instrument outputs + full mix output.
- Multi Channel Arpeggiator with 16 step event sequencer.
- Stereo Delay, Reverb and EQ on output section.
- Ranged MIDI control for all parameters.
- AudioBus and Inter-App Audio compatible.
- Performance and Program preset import & export via iTunes.
- Performance and Program preset sharing via iCloud Drive
Pricing and Availability
LayR is available now for US $19.99.
If you’ve used LayR, share your thoughts on it in the comments!