Zoom has introduced the ARQ AR-48, a ‘more affordable’ version of its unique ARQ all-in-one production & live performance instrument.
The ARQ AR-48 is a drum machine, sequencer, synthesizer, looper, clip launcher, MIDI controller and live performance instrument – and looks a bit like a flying saucer.
- All-in-one drum machine, sequencer, synthesizer, looper, clip launcher, MIDI controller and live performance instrument
- Includes 460 drum machine, synth, and instruments sounds
- Import WAV files into the internal synth engine’s oscillator
- 16 adjustable Master Effects, including reverb, filters, delay, and more
- Use the Ring Controller as a handheld aerial instrument
- Onboard 32-step loop sequencer for creating individual patterns or complete songs
- Programmable synthesizer engine with three sub-oscillators
- 16 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads with programmable color LEDs
- Grip Detection automatically prevents accidental note triggering
- Built-in 3-axis accelerometer for triggering arpeggiator sounds and effects
- Dedicated buttons for record/play/pause, solo, mute, split, arpeggiate, and change effects
- 3.5 mm mini stereo input for phrase recording and loop creation
- Audio capture from patterns and songs, from SD card, or from incoming audio signal
- Play sounds chromatically, or choose from dozens of preset scales in any key
- Dual 1/4″ line outputs, separate 3.5 mm mini stereo headphone output with dedicated volume control, and MIDI output
- USB port for computer integration and SD card slot
- Optional Bluetooth connection (BTA-1 connector sold separately)
Building a Sequence on the AR-48
AR-48 Song & MIDI Mode
Details on availability and pricing are to come via the Zoom site.