Vindor Music has launched a crowdfunding campaign for a new wind MIDI controller/instrument, the Vindor ES1.
The Vindor ES1 is a designed to be an easy-to-learn instrument. It’s core audience is probably music education, but it also supports MIDI, so has other applications. And it uses standard sax fingering and mouthpieces, so skills built on it can transfer to traditional instruments.
- Priced starting at $199
- Audio jack for headphones or amplification
- Built-in sound generator.
- You can switch to different modes, such as Flute or Clarinet with the flip of a switch.
- USB MIDI
- At under 16″ the Vindor Digital Saxophone is light and portable and easily fits in a backpack.
- Rechargeable battery provides over 4 hours of untethered play time.
- Using the Apple Camera adapter, the Vindor seamlessly works with any iPhone or iPad synthesizer and DAW app.
- RM Cortex-M4 CPU
- 1800 mAh Li-ion battery
- NXP air pressure sensor
- 14 capacitive touch sensors
- 24-bit resolution audio
- USB 2.0
- Headphone and line-out driver
- Class D speaker amplifier
- 6 programmable synthesizer sounds
- SD card for sampled sounds
Pricing and Availability
The Vindor ES1 is being funded via a Kickstarter campaign and is available to backers for US $199 (early birds at $179).