Developer Dmitry Sches has introduced Thorn, a software synthesizer for Mac & Windows that he says was designed to be ‘easy to use and deliver awesome sound’.
- 3 oscillators that utilize spectral synthesis. The oscillator provides sets of spectral and real-time effects to shape harmonics further. FM, RM, PWM, Hard Sync implemented too.
- Sound sources organized as spectrum tables of 16 frames with ability to edit and morph harmonics. The spectral synthesis gives the ability to “post-process” all the generated harmonics with a special filter to colorize the output.
- Two multi-mode, analog-modeled filters with sensitive saturation stages.
- 9 effects
- 3x ADSR envelope
- 3x LFOs
- 2x multistage envelopes
- 16-step flexible arpeggiator with MIDI output to generate rhythmic sequences available as well.
- Grid-based Glitch sequencer
Pricing and Availability
Thorn is available now for US $69 (intro price).