Moffenzeef Modular shared this video demo for the Count – a master clock transport with a rich feature set that they say is suitable for a small drum system.
The module gives you control over master tempo, with coarse and fine adjustments, as well as bipolar CV modulation capabilities. There is a range switch which allows the master tempo to toggle from slow to fast speeds. The master clock can be initialized with a start/stop switch. Pulse width for all outputs can be controlled with a single knob or bipolar CV.
Five additional outputs at the bottom of the module allow clock sync and distribution to other modules in your system.
The START output sends a single pulse when the clock starts to give a reset reference for all other sequencing modules in your system. The four additional outputs are all divisions of the master clock which can be configured with the TOP, BOTTOM, LEFT, RIGHT switches. TOP/BOTTOM switches the divisions from “even” to “odd” metered divisions where as RIGHT/LEFT switches the divisions from “beats” to “bars.”
Possible divisions are 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36. The user also has the additional capability of changing these outputs from upbeat to downbeat with the BEAT switch.
- Master Clock Transport
- Coarse And Fine Tune Tempo
- Bipolar Cv In For Master Clock
- Range Switch For Master Clock
- Global Pulse Width With Bipolar Cv Input
- Start/stop Switch
- Upbeat/downbeat Capability
- Four Divided Clock Outputs
- Even/odd Switching
- Bars/beats Switching
- Reset Output To Slave Other Modules
- Current Limiting And Diode Protection
- Skiff Friendly: Low Power And Shallow Mounting Depth
- Arduino Compatible With Isp Header On Back For Reprogramming
Pricing and Availability
The Count is available now for US $189.