Pearl and Keith McMillen Instruments have introduced the malletSTATION EM1 Adjustable Range Electronic Mallet Controller.
The malletSTATION EM1 is an expressive USB MIDI controller, designed for mallet performance. It is a Class-Compliant MIDI controller over USB, and can be used with MIDI over 5-pin DIN using the KMI MIDI Expander.
The EM1 features a master control section, with 3 programmable faders, 4 programmable buttons, and the fixed function low note and octave shift buttons. In addition, three assignable pedal inputs allow for flexibility in performance such as sustain, expression, or any MIDI parameter of your choice.
These controls are fully programmable through a software editor so changing your configuration is as easy as clicking a mouse.
The malletSTATION features KMI’s Smart Fabric Sensor technology, allowing the silicone bar material to have a sensitive, natural response, including mallet dampening and aftertouch control.
The malletSTATION’s adjustable low note range allows you to set the fundamental diatonic note of the instrument to whatever you want. The malletSTATION is powered exclusively by Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, and Android devices through USB Bus Power, allowing performance almost anywhere with minimal set-up and equipment.
- USB Powered MIDI Mallet Keyboard Controller
- Universal Compatibility through phone/tablet/laptop
- Features KMI Smart Fabric Sensors
- Low Note, Adjustable, User defined 3.0 Octave Range
- Accidental “Gap Caps” for visual cues when low note range is adjusted
- Customizable mallet dampening and aftertouch modes for realistic performance techniques
- Natural feeling soft silicone keys, all-weather playing surface
- MIDI Assignable buttons and faders for customized control and functions
- 3 MIDI assignable pedal inputs for expression and sustain
- Hybrid Aluminum and Steel Chassis Design for durability and stability
- Optional MIDI Expander to use external MIDI Hardware (sold separately)
- Flexible mounting on desktop, X-stand, or module mounts (sold separately)
- Mounting plates, stands, cases, covers, and other peripherals available separately
- iOS compatibility requires Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter (sold separately)
Here’s the official intro video:
Pricing and Availability
The EM1 malletSTATION is priced at US $999. See the Pearl site for more information.