Developer Bram Bos let us know that his latest iOS app, Odessa, is now available.
Odessa is a collection of MIDI Audio Units (AU plugins) for iOS which can send out MIDI.
Odessa’s MIDI plugins are lightweight; each instance has a memory footprint of less than 512Kb and a typical CPU load of 2-4% (on an iPad Air 2).
Note: MIDI AU plugins require iOS 11 and a compatible AU host, which lets you route outgoing MIDI to other MIDI destinations. Kymatica AUM is the first host to support this.
The app contains 6 different AU plugins:
- Odessa Bassline – a monosequencer, much like the one found in Troublemaker
- Odessa Rhythm – a Euclidean drum sequencer, set up to work with any drum app
- Odessa X0X – a classic TR-808 styled step sequencer, with triplets and polyrhythm
- Odessa LFO – 3x MIDI CC LFO generator (unlimited LFOs, because AU! 😉
- Odessa XY – a configurable XY Pad Controller with pitchbend and modwheel suppor
- Odessa Arpeggio – adds an arpeggiator to any synth you own
Creating A Bassline:
Using The LFO:
Odessa has just been released and is becoming available in the App Store.