Poly Expressive is new system that lets you print your own custom MIDI foot controller.
It’s based around a large sensor pad that can sense X/Y position and pressure. You can print custom overlays and divide the controller into a custom layout, mapped to the MIDI messages that you want.
Here’s the official video intro:
- Detects position and pressure
- Can send 3 dimensions at once per area, multiple MIDI messages can be mapped to each dimension.
- No hard limit on how many messages per area.
- Fits A3 or ledger paper
- Great for controlling pedals, amps, DAWs/software and mobile apps
- Can send MIDI clock
- Daisy chain multiple Poly wirelessly
- Premium parts including Switchcraft connectors
- Built in Melbourne, Australia
- Bluetooth and wired MIDI
- Standard 9V 100mA centre negative power required
- Can send MIDI control change (CC), program change, note on/off, aftertouch, pitch bend.
- 6.5 MHz sample clock for low latency and accurate position sensing.
- 3 mm thick
- Setup app runs on iOS, Android, Mac, Windows and Linux.
Pricing and Availability
The production of Poly Expressive is being funded via a Kickstarter project, and the controllers are available to project backers for US $329.