Elektron today announced that it is making Overbridge available free for all, for all our Overbridge-enabled instruments.
Going forward, there will not be an Overbridge Basic and Overbridge Premium, now there will only be Overbridge.
In a statement, Elektron said that “The seamless computer integration of Elektron instruments, made possible by Overbridge, is a very important, useful and unique feature. It really elevates our instruments and boosts the production workflow. And we want as many musicians as possible to experience this.”
They also announced plans for the next version of Overbridge, which should be available in February 2018. It will support Analog Keys, Analog Heat, Digitakt, Analog Four MKI/MKII and Analog Rytm MKI/MKII.
Key features in the Overbridge update include:
- Free of charge
- New standalone editor, allowing for DAW-less operation.
- Improved plugin compatibility for several DAWs.
- Enhanced performance using our new multi-process architecture.
- New reworked and unified graphics design with increased contrast and usability
High-speed USB products (currently Analog Heat, Digitakt, Analog Four MKII and Analog Rytm MKII) will see these additional benefits:
- Lower latency.
- Faster Total Recall and Automation.
- Configuration-less USB audio streaming of all available channels simultaneously at maximum quality.