Synthesizers.com has introduced the Q157 SH++, a 5U module that features a sample and hold, surrounded by accessory functions on a single-wide panel.
The Q157 SH++ has 5 sections:
- an LFO with square and sine wave outputs;
- a frequency/gate divider;
- sample and hold
- noise source with low-pass filtering; and
- a slew limiter with automatic looping. The slew limiter section also produces a decay envelope generator.
The module is normalized, with switching jacks, so that sections are connected in musically-useful ways, but can also be used independently.
- The LFO provides square wave and sine wave outputs simultaneously with an LED indicating speed. The LFO can be used to provide vibrato to oscillators, clocks to sequencers, or gates for the Sample and Hold section.
- The Divider section automatically receives its input from the LFO’s square wave, unless a plug is inserted into its IN jack. Dividing gates can be useful for sequencer patches, arpeggiations, even sub-octave waveform generation.
- The Sample and Hold section receives its gate from the LFO unless a plug is inserted into its GATE jack. The sample and hold input is automatically connected to the noise section if there is no plug in the IN jack.
- The Noise section provides a white noise filtered by a 2-pole low-pass filter. The knob can also be jumpered as a volume control if desired.
- The Decay/Slew section provides portamento for keyboard pitch, slew for the sample and hold output, creates envelopes from gates, or delays gate signals. Without a plug inserted into the IN jack, the slew mode automatically retriggers to create a trapezodial LFO waveform. In decay mode, a gate produces a decaying envelope to drive percussive patches.
Pricing and Availability
The Synthesizers.com Q157 SH++ module is available now for US $192.