The Shakmat Modular Time Wizard is a new Eurorack module, designed for slicing, dicing and making julienne fries of modular clock signals.
The Time Wizard features 6 dividers, with selectable division factors; and 4 switches, providing 81 routing variations – so you can get as freaky as you wanna be with your clock-rocking beats, and still be ready to rock steady.
- Sextuple clock divider divided in two sections A and B
- Dedicated potentiometer acting on the division factor for each divider
- Clock multiplying and weird div / mult ratio abilities for the first section, first section incoming clock can be multiplied by 3 or 4, allowing to get easily triplets from a 16th clock or mult / div association as x4 / 7
- Independent clocking or divider association abilities for the second section, so B5 and B6 can get their clock in internally from B4. For example, associating B4 = /7 and B5 = /16 provide a hit at each clock beginning of 4 bars with a 7/4 time signature
- Auto-reset available for the first section or the whole module, the auto-reset is provided by B6
- Additional logic functions for divider A2 : A2 output can provide the following functions : A2 AND B5 or A2 OR A3
- Jumper on the back for Trigger or Gate selection for B5 and B6
- User replaceable firmware chip
- Skiff friendly (22mm deep)
- 8 HP Wide
Pricing and Availability
The Time Wizard is available as a DIY kit for 115 €, or fully assembled for 159 €.