Groove Rider GR-16 is a new groovebox app for iOS, featuring a two-oscillator synthesizer engine, a wide variety of PCM drum samples, insert/send/master effects, arpeggiator, automation recording, modulator, ADSR and filter block, and more.
GR-16 is designed with all the controls on one screen, like on a real groove box device, to give you immediate access to most parameters.
- Ableton Link support
- Audiobus support
- Inter-App Audio support
- synth engine is Poison-202 based:
- 2 oscillators, 5 waveforms (Saw, Pulse, Sine, Triangle and Super-Saw)
- synth oscillator modulation types: Ring, Sync, PW and XFM
- 83 available oscillator configurations
- Filter module with LP, BP, HP, Notch type filters, 12 and 24 dB/octaveamp module
- ADSR envelope, assignable to Amp and Filter
- Modulator module with 9 LFO modulation shapes x 6 modulation destinations (Pitch, Filter, Level, Pan, Osc Edit, IFX Edit)
- voice portamento (Slide)
- polyphony up to 32 voices
- 16 sounding parts per pattern
- 16 steps x 4 bars per each part
- each step consist of up to 4 voices (notes)
- each step can be time shifted forward/backward a fractional value
- assignable strokes for each step (to play several notes at one step)
- assignable probability (chance) for each step note
- 12 send effect types, one send effect per pattern
- 22 master effect types, one master effect per pattern
- 34 insert effect types, one insert effect per each part
- master brickwall Limiter (can be switched on/off)
- Arpeggiator with 6 modes and over 30 rhythm patterns
- Scale play mode with 36 different scales to select from
- Chords and Notes play mode
- more than 30 different midi groove templates
- up to 256 user patterns to store in one user pattern bank
- import & export user patterns via iTunes File Sharing and Files.
Note: Minimum recommended devices: iPhone 5 and newer or iPad Air and newer.
Pricing and Availability
Groove Rider GR-16 is available now for US $9.99.